Thursday, September 29, 2011

ellen

cheese and crackers are almost the greatest dinner in the world - second only to m&m's and vodka tonics.

because i'm working in a school, i get freed at 3:30 every day; 3:00 on thursdays (the work-week here is sunday to thursday, which is still taking some getting used to). anyway, because i get home so much earlier than mr. sanders, i get to come home and chill on the couch for a couple of hours (instead of working out or some other stupid type of exercise which would be like admitting that i'm flabby). SO, i've been watching the ellen show. and honestly, i've learned a lot from ms. degeneres. for example: bryce dallas howard is the daughter of opie (or ron howard). and chris pratt is married to anna faris. so show-biz centric. i feel like i'm back in the u.s. kelly clarkson should totally be wearing spanx right now. i love her, but i can see her belly-button through the second-skin dress she's prancing around in.

my co-worker, uber-groovy susan, who i mentioned in my last posting, gave her notice at the school today. she's my only real friend so far at work (the adults in high school can be cliquish too) (and i know that makes me sound lame), and now she's leaving me to the uniformed, needy, small people. i shall die soon without her.

its 7:00pm on (technically) a friday night and mr. sanders is being held hostage at work, or he'd be home by now.

last week a group of people from school bought tickets to the ballet. any sort of live theater or dance production here is rare. there is live theater maybe once a year during the abu dhabi festival and that's about it. jeff and i opted not to go cause we're lazy. but it turns out the people that bought the tickets and attempted to get cultured by muscular, fit people in tutus and tights didn't get to attend either. at the last minute, the sheikh decided he wanted to go with 47 members of his immediate family and commandeered many patrons already-paid-for seats. most of my co-workers were turned away at the door and didn't get a refund. can you say rude royaldy? 

i just broke the giant bedroom curtains, including the rod with my man-arms.

tomorrow, we're off to dubai to buy an elliptical machine for me to hang laundry on.

ttfn,

tricia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe you have man-arms. However, I'd like to know just what you were doing with said curtains & rod. I mean wasn't the shower curtain enough? ;o)

xo,

Hadji

PS Yes, Sheikh Rude should read "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindgergarten."