Monday, November 7, 2011

home

i've been thinking about what 'home' actually means. is home where your spouse, children, friends are? or your possessions? or where you came into this world? i'm feeling a bit fractured in that i don't have a sense of where my home is anymore. the people near and dear to my heart (well, a majority of them) are far, far away. and the one i love most in the world is where my near and dear aren't. my beautiful child is on one continent and my perfect husband is on another.

forgot to take pics the last 3 nights at my random dinner parties with friends. i've been consuming food as if every meal might be my last. "more alfredo sauce, a pound of cheese and a stick of butter, miss"? why, yes please. i had a short-term boyfriend once when i lived in new york that told me i looked skinny from the side, but not so much from the front. thanks dude; way to make a girl's day. not entirely sure what that meant either.

jeff's been gone for almost a week now and i'm pretending that i'm french in that i'm not shaving my legs -- why bother, right?. when i came home last night though, the sleepy-eyed dogs thought i was a hedgehog after brushing up against my furry legs; seriously, they barked at me like i was a wandering forest gnome.

found a new place to live on saturday (yea!!). its everything i was looking for -- close to white rock lake, mostly hardwood floors, big yard that backs up to a creek (perfect for lindy). here are a couple of pics:



tonight is my last night in dallas. supposed to be big thunderstorms here tomorrow (since i'm leaving, of course). i expect to spend a dazed 12 hours in charles de gaulle airport.

happy trails,

tricia

1 comment:

BigSister said...

I will miss you, Tricia. I'm sorry we didn't get to see each other before you needed to head back to Abu Dhabi. The new house looks lovely (reminds me of the old place on Abrams!).