Thursday, November 10, 2011

home - the sequel

made it back safely to abu dhabi. i tried my best to get detained by loudly throwing around the words 'explosive' (diarrhea) and 'terror' (at midnight by the toddler in 18g). but no one paid me any special attention.

i upgraded to business class for the dfw-paris flight (which was predictably awesome) except for the douchebag sitting next to me. my seatmate told me he was pretty much the george clooney character from up in the air (in that he has 4 million miles). he bragged on, and on and on about his ability to consistently charm gate agents into upgrading him at any time by batting his british eyelashes and just being his normal scoundrel-like self (his words). after i chugged 3 glasses of cab, dined on raw shrimp, steak, risotto and a hot fudge sundae, i took an ambien and one of bill's quasi-valium and promptly passed out for the remainder of the flight.

made my tight connection in charles de gualle and even had time to stop at duty free to pick up some scotch for jeff. now is when the trip really began to suck. i wasn't able to upgrade on the second leg and was relegated to a crappy seat within screaming distance from 3 toddlers. flight was delayed over an hour, AND (this is the best part) my bags didn't make it. apparently they're taking a lovely road trip around the french countryside soaking up the local color.

lastly, my phone is not working anymore. upgraded to the latest ios while in dallas and now its not happy in abu dhabi.

i'm sick of this place already.

tricia

No comments: